Sunday, March 14, 2010

February 12

               Gordon and I drove to McMinnville for the Yamhill Co. Soil and Water Conservation District's native plant sale.  We got for the High School:
1 Pacific yew
4 Indian plum
2 Pacific crabapple
10 evergreen huckleberry
1 Pacific rhododendron
5 red-flowering currant
30 salal
5 serviceberry

For here at home:
2 giant Sequoia
2 incense cedar
5 Pacific yew
5 Indian plum 
30 Oregon ash
10 Pacific crabapple
2 Nootka rose
2 Oregon grape - tall
2 Pacific rhododendron
2 red currant
4 salal
5 serviceberry
2 vine maple
2 cottonwood
1 kinnikinnick (Mine, which I've made so many cuttings from, is 'Massachusetts' - I'm not sure it's native here, and I want to compare the two plants, see if they're the same species - as close as I can tell.)

Posters of Rain Garden and Hedgerow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment