Sunday, March 14, 2010

February 28


 

I planted 3 clumps of lignonberries, passed on to me from GO.  I potted eleven offshoots from these for Plant Exchange.  
          Lignonberries are in the Ericacea family - like blueberries, kinnikinick, rhododendrons, and many, many other plants, including many that humans use.  They are not native here in the Northwest, but are in the Mid West and New England, and famously, in Scandinavia.
          Then I weeded to the east of the huge rhododendron east of our house, and planted a small spirea there, one with yellow or chartreuse leaves there by the Lonicer nitida and white Rugosa rose.  Every plant mentioned in this paragraph is a non-native.  
          This all sounds simple, but I was out there seven hours!  I'll count these four shrubs as two, because they're small.  That puts me at 42 plants out of 59 days.  Gordon finished pruning the fruit trees in our yard.  It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment