Monday, March 15, 2010

March 1


First thing this morning (4:15 a.m.), I helped Gordon grade Biology tests.  I do the multiple choice questions, he does the short answer and essay questions - the ones that need his judgment.  Then I washed the dishes and went to Tillamook.  At the transfer station/recycling center ("dump") I recycled and then found about 25 feet of plastic coated fencing wire, 3 feet tall.  That and an animal cage ("Good protection for a rose," I tell the attendant - he's very nice and I don't want him to think I'm one of those odd dump collector people.  Which, of course, I am.)
          All that cost me all of $1.00.  From there to CENEX (farm supply store), where I find the same wire at $1.00+ per foot = $52 for a 50 foot roll.  My wire is smashed, but what a deal!  So I bought mom and dad plastic chickens to send to niece H, to go with the farm set we gave her at Christmas.  The CENEX clerk was so nice I had to buy something!

No comments:

Post a Comment