Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31

          It's been a week since I planted.  Lots of rain, but mostly my reason is my very sore feet. I'm waiting for them to heal.  Today I took a western redcedar up to the other side of the fence around our spring.  It's very steep, and I had to cross the small creek and a barbed wire fence that's mostly down.  It's the sort of place you can't tell what it's like (for instance, the amount of tree cover) while you're up there - too many shrubs and downed trees to allow one to walk and look around at the same time.  It seems very full.  When you're down below or to the side, looking in, you can see that much of the tree cover is ancient alders, leaning way over, and that the area needs some new vigorous trees.  
         Many trails up there - deer?  people?  I caged this little cedar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment